WLD 2.56% 4.0¢ wellard limited

Nah I sold for financial reasons because I think this Vietnam...

1. 985 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    Nah I sold for financial reasons because I think this Vietnam issue will hurt the SP and I also expect a further downgrade is coming in the next couple of weeks. Having said that, I am questioning whether I would reinvest in a business that - albeit unknowingly - ships Australian cattle off to a truly horrible death in a sh1thole somewhere in Asia. I guess I figured (naively in hindsight) that these issues had been resolved following the 2011 crisis. It turns out that they haven't been fully resolved and that does raise an ethical concern for me. You have to react to the evidence that comes to hand.

I eat meat and I believe that farming of animals is acceptable, but there is a clear line . We CAN control where Australian live exports end up, and to know that some of them are ending their days in this disgusting way is unacceptable. They shouldn't be shipped there unless it is 100% safe. Wellard and other Australian export supply chain operators can't wash their hands of it as soon as they are shipped somewhere else and I don't really understand how people on this board can suggest it's okay that they do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WLD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.001(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $21.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.0¢ 4.0¢ $2.824K 70.60K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1449062 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 160664 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.08am 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WLD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.