WA1 0.53% $20.55 wa1 resources ltd

The irony of someone doing their nana over a small fall in share...

1. 2ic
    5,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4624
    The irony of someone doing their nana over a small fall in share price while calling me a monkey is satisfying but disturbing. My posts since Friday were mostly technical and irrelevant to the stocks value. Since I turned up three weeks ago it's fair to say I haven't helped the "200Mt for sure", "RIO TO soon", "should be $10 already" crew, but same time I've probed Luni hard for flaws and why it might struggle to get developed, but can't. There are risks I point out, but no damage done to the share price because a lot of other smart, experienced investors are also running their knuckles over WA1. Readers are a mile ahead on knowledge and confidence about their investment in this project because of my posts, like it or not.

NEWS FLASH... HC isn;t the driver of share prices for stocks worth $300M and in the spotlight with many brokers and big investors. If I picked apart some cheap junior got nothing, sure that's going to hurt when nobody outside HC is playing with it, but that isn't the case with WA1. Part of the reason I'm here is that WA1 is a serious discovery with serious MC and it's worth my while to add value or interest for HC readers. This stock will make it's way with or without me. Brokers, clients, funds, serious investors with connections in West Perth are all doing their thing except HC only gets fed what they want retail to hear. Don;t want to learn or know then don;t read it, but how stupid is that when the real money is doing what I'm doing anyway?

So medium term, LT investors clearly shouldn;t care about daily price movements, because they strapped themselves to the mast until something major changes their mind (like someone looked and found a flaw found). Short term traders are in a different boat, they are down 10% since last Thursday's last assay release and soling their pants by some of the posts today. They only have themselves to blame. Last week's assay drop wasn;t great (as expected) but holding that pump into the new fin year when early holders siting on up to 30 bags have been wetting their pants for July 1 to roll is crazy confused.png

Seriously, what are traders thinking chasing the last assay drop two days before the end of FY? Short term trading is all about playing a trending stock with steady news flow, but fading that news flow FFS. You buy after last news jump has fizzled, punters stop out, wait, buy low timing your run close to the next assay release, sell the jump... wash, rinse and repeat. Assay from 1st May drilling was released 5th June, so samples "on their way" from 14th Mat announcement was due before end of June right. Plus, management were never so silly to release the next assays July 1st and get hit by a wave of new FY tax sellers. That's why it was released 2 days before, because all those new tax year sellers weren't going to cut and run having held on to finish line... were they. Clear air for another price rise after Monday's nicely timed Argo's Buy report dropped.

So, half the holes were marginal and outside the main deposit identified by drill pads, headlined by fast-tracked good hole 45 thought that was inside the already defined main deposit and didn't add a lot of tonnes, and we all new sellers holding off until Mon day. This was discussed on thread, yet some short-term traders seemed to have missed the obvious...Sell the $6.30 jump and wait two days for July selling to kick in. Imagine how much the price would have fallen if US markets had big falls Fri and Mon? Given the next assays batch was two weeks away earliest, there was almost zero chance of missing out by selling Thursday from any good news dropping.... It was an easy trade if trading is what you're about.

I'm not these days, and neither are many readers playing the longer game and if their smart they def want a second opinion to what brokers are selling. Nothing wrong with trading the news flow and set-ups, great way to build wealth, but you can't have long term security against being short that morning big news drops and it gaps up and away, while also playing it short-term. Pick your approach and stick to it, maybe a half-half strategy. But if you stuff it up or simply aren't any good at it, please don't come laying the blame and abuse at my feet. That's all on you...

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.55
Change
-0.110(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $1.260B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.60 $21.02 $20.20 $3.100M 149.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29 $20.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.58 195 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$20.57
  Change
-0.110 ( 0.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
$20.35 $21.02 $20.32 4947
Last updated 15.58pm 24/05/2024 ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.