WA1 4.08% $20.17 wa1 resources ltd

I've been going over all the released information from both WA1...

1. 8,704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7670
    I've been going over all the released information from both WA1 and ENR to see if I could work out exactly what's going on.
    Firstly, the deepest we have drilled is down to 269m and 299m in the first couple of holes, the discovery holes. They had very poor mineralization below 240 metres deep, around 0.03-0.07%.  Yet when I look at the deep drilling of ENR had some 'veiny' mineralisation down to over 290 metres at end of hole, plus other hits at over 200m 270m and 280m.

This deeper drilling is all likely to be original fresh mineralisation, and fairly standard lower grade. All the high grade is from concentrating via weathering, a few hundred metres of fresh mineralisation weathered over millions of years becomes 30-60 metres of higher grade ore as the lighter gangue erodes away, leaving heavier elements more concentrated in place, plus organic acids in the metiororic waters moving and concentrating metals.

IMHO I don't think niobium carbonatites are that rare (over 600 known according to WA1 early announcements), but the weathered sections remaining seems rare. I suspect lots of niobium carbonatites had weathering above them, but it all eroded away. This leaves the combination of weathering plus leaving the weathered zones in place a rare occurrence.

What I'm perplexed about, is why the only deeper holes we have results for, do not contain fresh mineralisation down deep. We either missed the targets, though these holes were drilled where the gravity results show highest levels, and greatest gravity deeper. Plus why the magnetics are relatively low.

What I'm wondering, is if the original intrusion wasn't as portrayed in the diagrams, coming up vertically, but was on an angle off vertical, meaning only a small amount of fresh mineralisation directly below, with further weathered mineralisation, and the main fresh mineralisation elsewhere.

Hmm, it makes me consider that perhaps the Sambhar high level gravity and magnetic anomaly is in fact the original source of our mineralisation, and we have a LOT more down South of where we are drilling. It would also probably be deeper. The faulting in the general area separating the Luni ore body from the original intrusion, which is why we are not getting a high magnetic signature from Luni.

Both Mt Weld and Araxa have high coincident magnetic and gravity signatures, I've been wondering why we don't have high magnetics.

If the above was the case, it would also explain why ENR at 'Hurley', hole EAL007 has deep mostly 'fresh' mineralisation of low average grade (282m at 0.54% Nb2O5), great for tonnage additions, but not the grade to pay off a mine start up costs quickly. It also has high coincident gravity and magnetic signatures, like our P2.
    Luni seems to be the standout with lower magnetics, that doesn't make sense compared to Mt Weld and Araxa, nor the deeper finds in the West Arunta area, something is different about it.

What it all boils down to, for me, is that WA1 possibly has the greatest potential for a much more major find, than made so far. If Sandbah were the continuation of the original intrusion and has a thick weathered layer associated with it, and lots of fresh mineralisation underneath, then our ground could end up matching Araxa in both size and grade.

For me it also means the probability of 'others' finding thick high grade weathered mineralisation very limited in odds, with the exception of ENR that might have something decent to the East of Luni and a bit South, just to the North of the Endurance fault over another 4-6km. (It's not where they are looking from their maps in the announcements).

Anyway enough of 'others', I suspect we have much to look forward to with further exploration, especially along Sambhar. Please remember I might be completely wrong and the company already has information not released in announcements that totally counters my 'thought' on this. Obviously a lot more geological information about the whole area would help know more. I'm only going off what is in the announcements, so a big disclaimer..

But I'd love to see a deep hole or 2 into Sambhar higher gravity and magnetic areas.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.17
Change
0.790(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $1.237B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.20 $20.37 $19.19 $6.864M 345.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1598 $20.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.29 900 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$20.28
  Change
0.790 ( 5.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$19.86 $20.36 $19.64 2201
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.