WA1 1.28% $19.22 wa1 resources ltd

Ann: West Arunta Project - Luni MRE, page-280

1. 108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    A few comments. First, your points re market liquidity vs copper are well made, however on balance I still see the intrinsic value of Niobium as a buffer to increased supply in what I (and most informed punters) think is likely a supply-constrained market. Also, the margin of this shallow free-dig pit operation also provides plenty of room if prices cool. I personally ran a bunch of sensitivities, where in many of which I slashed price, and the NPV is incredibly robust. Overall it's pretty easy to see why Araxa can be considered one of the very best mineral discoveries ever, and why Luni is also going to be very special. Anyway, appreciate the views on this aspect.

On the other hand your argument re acquisition costs have me a bit confused. I do this stuff for a living and the way I look at it is any acquisition cost already factors Capex into the valuation i.e. any NPV (or EV while on market) in theory has all future costs (as part of all cashflows) factored into the final discounted value. From a (pure) mechanical calculation standpoint BHP et al don't need to look at it any differently to the average retail punter who currently has a share of the 1.5B EV.

Lastly, there's nothing certain about how valuations will evolve between now and production (such as Lassonde-type outcomes), it's merely is the market efficiently valuing and risking those future cashflows. You know this. And to Oz's original question, I think given the current quality of the in-ground resource, early metallurgy, intrinsic value of the primary commodity, scarcity of supply, potential for cheap (Govt) debt and a solid mgmt team I think the balance is tilted firmly in favour of a (fair / efficient) MC well north of $22. A lot of lassonde outcomes are a function of low quality resources (95% of "discoveries") cycling in study-mode. Luni is such a slam-dunk guarantee of being a mine that I think we can skip straight to DFS and the market will maintain it's interest.... Let's see where we are this time next year . And btw, some others throw muck but I appreciate your questioning of all us Bulls logic, makes us all more informed. Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.22
Change
-0.250(1.28%)
Mkt cap ! $1.178B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.39 $19.80 $18.57 $8.886M 466.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5108 $18.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.25 2000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.