HAV 5.00% 19.0¢ havilah resources limited

Reply to ozbucheron I think the answer to your question might...

1. 7 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Reply to ozbucheron

I think the answer to your question might actually be in the announcement, which says the “specific objectives are to define a goldresource in Tertiary age Namba Formation clays and to better define theunderlying saprolite gold mineralisation within the confines of a conceptualstarter open pit at West Kalkaroo”. Further,all aircore drillholeswere continued into the underlying saprolite gold and native copper zones”. Since this is one of many drillholes they have drilled it would be logical to be filling in gaps, rather than trying to drill the fattest / best parts of the resource envelopes. We don't know where the other drillholes were that defined this resource envelope. However, they did say that the 20 metres of 6.3g/t intersection was “more than double the averagegold grades obtained in saprolite gold intersections in nearby earlier drillholes”. This suggests to me that they were pleasantly surprised like the rest of us. In other words, this drillhole was no "director's special" but a genuinely better than expected result in the area where the saprolite gold was predicted to occur. That's good news for all shareholders as it means that there is scope for an increase in the gold resource grade.

As a comment from a person with a mining background, I can say that in general Havilah's technical announcements like this are accurately worded and all the information is there if you read them carefully. Exactly what I would expect from technically competent people.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
-0.010(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $60.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 18.5¢ $58.08K 303.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 125000 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 38035 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.