WGX 0.39% $2.55 westgold resources limited.

Ann: Westgold FY24 Guidance, page-31

1. 3,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1468
    Hi Spec,

I will start by saying you haven’t swayed me lol … actually after rethinking of timelines essentially it will be closer towards FY 26 for GF ( albeit with some remnant mining upside possible ) …. The recent commentary suggests towards end of Q1 for Feasibility Study and Board approval … and then 18 months development timeframe so maybe Q4 FY25 ….

Agreeing with @Joelstar a lot more Capex for FY 25 to be confirmed by studies …. Actually imo your OBM and RMS comparisons support this, just can’t develop 3 mines to production on capital of $60m not even as an owner operator. Fwiw a $100m ballpark development price tag for GF was recently suggested by an industry executive to me and Joel. Without stating a name I am sure you know.

I am not anti WGX but I don’t generally like holding thru long capital intensive projects, the longer in my experience the more chance for time and cost blowouts and it’s difficult for companies to turn back after their balls deep in the process. The continual outflow of capital generally detracts from the sp potential till later in the development cycle in my experience. In saying that I will continue to look for short term trading opportunities here.

Best of luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.