OAU 0.00% 0.5¢ ora gold limited

Ann: Westgold Strategic Alliance and Placement, page-18

1. 33,579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1765
    Apart from the script to WGX for capital , This was more a memorandum of understanding than any real deal as there are no concrete numbers .
    Paying Argonaut $240K for brokering a deal seems perplexing to me for a MD who has been doing corporate mining work the last 10 years and I would have thought could have met Wayne and done the deal in the office over a Never Never gin and tonic .
    It also seems strange to get capital at such a discount instead of approaching SIs the advantage probably is out weighed as WGX give heft and reputation to OAU.

Personally I would have preferred a merger between OAU , ODY and GBR to have preceeded this deal , but that would also have made a deal between OAU and WGX harder to get across the line ,

What I do like is the optionality shown in the deal , maybe Alex's corporate experience came into play for that , as it leaves the doors open if WGX does not come to the party for OAU to go else where although if you look at the potential fit with the Blue Bird mill to quickly monetise the ounces it is the most pragmatic option if the parties are rational :

Before royalties I had C1 costs for OAU of around A$1000 an oz assuming toll treating at Blue Bird mill 33kms away for $50 a tonne including transport , (10 a tonne) and mining to 90 meters depth at the South East zone at a 10:1 strip ratio $20 a BCM mining cost for say 980,000 tonnes tonnes at 4.5 grams a tonne recovered recovered from the South East Zone for say 140K ozs
    We do not know the strip ratio so that is a guess on my part after doing some basic figures on a pit size, but anyway I will leave others to do their own numbers and I think $20.00 a BCM to move/blast oxide/transition is pretty conservative .
    Last edited by plough: 30/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $2.724K 544.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 28888189 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 26292187 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.41pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.