SPR 2.72% 94.5¢ spartan resources limited

You write..."If the panel declines to declare unacceptable...

1. 17 Posts.
    You write..."If the panel declines to declare unacceptable circumstances then presumably the scheme of implementation just locks the FFR and GGY deal in, and that will be completed, but after completion, there is nothing preventing WGX from having another go later on? Or maybe since FFR hold all the cards, might just be easier for WGX to launch a takeover of FFR, gain control, and then force the scheme through? Obviously impractical as far as timelines are concerned but would be quite amusing."

There is another suggestion at the end of this mornings article in the AFR by Peter Ker, I hope he won't mind me quoting part of his article...

“Gascoyne has recently written to Firefly enquiring as to whether Firefly would exercise its right to terminate,” the Gascoyne board said on Friday. Not surprisingly, Firefly “declined to confirm that it would exercise its rights”, meaning the two companies remain on track to be wed on Monday.

Close to 47 per cent of Gascoyne shareholders have publicly signalled that they do not want to proceed with the Firefly marriage and would either prefer the Westgold deal, or cautiously consider it to be superior.

The big question remains whether the court will rubber-stamp the deal on Monday in the face of such investor reluctance.
    As they sit at the apex of a messy love triangle, the board of Gascoyne could be forgiven for deploying another well-worn internet meme and asking: “Porque no los dos [Why not both]?”

Peter Ker covers resource companies, based in Melbourne. Connect with Peter on Twitter. Email Peter at pker@copyright link

He also refers to Tolga Kumover and a 2017 article about his ongoing success with small Resources stocks. Tolga was young when he made a fortune on Syrah SYR, took the money and ran. As of last year he held 5% of FFR I have not found a more recent Share Holder list

Search "Gascoyne shareholders get buyer’s remorse over Firefly deal" if you subscribe to AFR, otherwise the first part of the article is available to see online for free, or the old fashioned way pick up a copy at the Newsagent or Library.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.025(2.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.045B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 94.5¢ 91.0¢ $6.182M 6.695M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23789 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 79292 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.