WGX 3.07% $2.35 westgold resources limited.

@speculator101 I suspect you are looking for reasons to buy WGX....

1. 950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 402

@speculator101

I suspect you are looking for reasons to buy WGX.

My take is WGX is in a very promising position right now. It's like profiting on other people's frustration, money and hard work. It is trading at a discount due to past repetitive under-performance. On my multiple conversation with management they have justified those under-performance with necessary investment in the business for the future. I think they have spend nearly 300 million dollars at Big Bell.
    My questioning of need to buy the mining contracting business was answered stating ....it was a necessary decision in order to not jeopardize the whole WGX mining operations. They think the underground mining business has a minimum value over $200 million. With the recent development and announcement it can be assumed that they will spin out the underground mining business as a separate entity.

WGX hedging is a flat $2010 per ounce for 10000 oz's/month for the next 20-22 months. Not great but some miners are still working on a AUD $ 1550 hedge.

My questioning of the need of the recent CR was answered as the Fund was literally at the door with the money to take a position. An offer too good for the management to refuse. While I am not thrilled about a small dilution but the CR was at fair price of $2.25. ( I had my BS radar on full alert during that conversation)

I admit WGX is not my best gold miner yet, but truly believe I''ll get opportunity to sell over $2.50-3
    If the market had full trust and confidence, the stock would be trading between $3-3.50.
    The stock is tightly held, tight share register, heavy hitting institutions are involved and with very little retail interest. The trading is very dodgy. Violent 10-15 cents swing on no news or gold price movement. Also often bucks the trend, up on a gold down day and down on a gold up day.

If you haven't noticed, recently it has the best BUY/SELL market depth in my memory. Maybe the word is getting out and many people just like you have started looking at WGX with detective lens.

At a same production level
    All are debt free.
    WGX has the largest resource and reserve out of the 3.

SLR- 1.93 Billion Market Cap
    RMS- 1.60 Billon Market Cap
    WGX- 930 Million Market Cap

In 3-6 Months time, I suspect WGX will have the largest production profile..

What will be the market cap then of these 3 companies ???????

I eat my own pie so have diverted my funds from SLR ,RMS & PRU to WGX, RSG, SBM, AMI, DCN ( of all dogs) and a few promising explorers/developers PMY, RXL, GMD, BDC, KAI & DEG(out of it now). A handful of forgotten explorer/developer like BAT, MSR & few others. My latest additon is AIS which I think will do well.

All the best, and hope you join the WGX registry and start thinking about cookie wookie.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.35
Change
0.070(3.07%)
Mkt cap ! $1.113B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.35 $2.37 $2.30 $4.975M 2.130M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 18239 $2.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.36 9329 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.