WBC 0.98% $27.90 westpac banking corporation

The press will want to milk this for months to boost their...

1. F01
    2,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    The press will want to milk this for months to boost their number of clicks. I don’t think we are near the bottom, but who knows.

I just wish they would get their sh*t sorted. Put all the crap they have in one room, literally, and get it sorted.

Actually, maybe they should report all OS transactions to AUSTRAC and let them investigate them all, millions and millions of them. At least then we wouldn’t have any more surprises. To their defence I am not sure how they are supposed to know the criminal records of their customers here, let alone of those being sent money overseas. But rules are rules and either obey them, or stop offering the service that makes you accountable for something you can not control (ie the convicted criminal receiving money through them overseas).

In the meantime, it falls to SH to foot the bill for whatever fine comes this way. I know banks do a lot of good, and they are vital to our economy, but I must say it doesn’t make me warm and fuzzy to hold shares in a company that is constantly being bashed for breaking the law. Like I said, get your sh*t together WBC (and others).

Of course, now I guess the SPP is probably not going to be scaled back as much, if at all. I guess they will need the money and fewer people will be taking part in it. Mind you the way the SP is going, it might end up being of little value to wealth creation per se.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.90
Change
0.270(0.98%)
Mkt cap ! $96.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.75 $27.99 $27.72 $120.4M 4.318M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5892 $27.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.92 21812 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.