MGV 0.00% 39.0¢ musgrave minerals limited

Personally, I'd be surprised if today's WGX offer is the first...

1. 1,824 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 989
    Personally, I'd be surprised if today's WGX offer is the first and only offer for MGV. I say this because:

- MGV has a high grade resource of 327k ounces at 10 grams per tonne. This resource is highly desirable - high grade, near surface, excellent metallurgy and excellent location in a mining friendly jurisdiction with well-established infrastructure.
    - The Stage 1 Prefeasibility study released 17 April 2023 showed a pre tax NPV of AUD 235 mio at a gold price of AUD 2,600/oz and a pre tax NPV of AUD 326 mio at a gold price of AUD 2,950/oz. Today's gold price is around AUD 2,940/oz (and has recently been over AUD 3,000/oz) so it's currently close to the AUD 326 mio pre tax NPV number. Now remember that this NPV includes MGV building their own processing plant at a cost of approx $100 mio (as per Prefeasibility study). WGX will not have this $100 mio capital cost, although they would have trucking costs to truck ore to their established mills. If we add back 50% of this capital cost (and assume that the other 50% is incurred in ore trucking costs), we then compute a NPV (pre tax) of AUD 376 mio (AUD 326 mio as per Study plus AUD 50 mio capital cost addback) for just the Stage 1 Prefeasibility. $376 mio (pre tax) equates to a post tax NPV of AUD 263 mio (70% of the pre tax NPV).

So based on these calcs, MGV is worth AUD $263 mio to WGX - well above their current offer of around AUD 177 mio.

- However, note that the above calcs are just the Stage 1 Prefeasibility scenario. They do not include the remaining balance of MGV's already identified resources of approx 600k ounces. Nor do they include the huge prospectivity of MGV's leases - practically every time MGV drills a hole they hit gold.

In summary, if WGX secures MGV with the current offer it will be very, very favourable to WGX and IMO this one has a way to go yet.

GLTA & DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.