WHC 1.30% $8.32 whitehaven coal limited

1. Typo in my post directly above. It will be WHC (not BHP), of...

1. 1,532 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 377
    1. Typo in my post directly above. It will be WHC (not BHP), of course, that will be paying MUCH higher dividends (generated from the huge profits occuring after 1.7.24 arising from WHC's purchase of the 2 BHP met mines) from 1.7.27, after the BHP debt has been fully paid off.

Dividends from our thermal coal mines will continue to be paid from March 2024.

2. Reuters C. Russel 12.12 23 said

"The prices of differing grades of seaborne thermal coal in Asia are diverging as strong demand for high-quality fuel coal by Japan and South Korea drives a rally, but lacklustre imports by China and India mean lower grades stagnate.

Japan and South Korea are the main buyers of thermal coal linked to the Newcastle Index, which assesses coal with an energy content of 6,000 kilocalories per kilogram (kcal/kg) from Australia, the world's second-largest exporter of the power station fuel...

The gains for the high-grade thermal coal come amid rising imports by Japan and South Korea, as utilities appear to prefer coal to liquefied natural gas in meeting additional power demand in the northern winter.

Japan, the world's third-biggest coal buyer, is set to import 10.37 million metric tons of seaborne thermal coal in December, showed data compiled by commodity analyst Kpler.

This will be the most since March, a strong gain from November's 8.53 million and only slightly below the 11.87 million of December last year".

Thermal coal prices diverge as Japan, South Korea buy more, China, India less | Reuters
    Last edited by Montalbano: 19/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.32
Change
-0.110(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $6.960B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.40 $8.57 $8.21 $70.24M 8.520M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23024 $8.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.33 13633 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.