KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Ann: WHO selects provisional name for Kazia's GDC-0084, page-15

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 132

• Release Date: 23/08/19 08:17
    • Summary: WHO selects provisional name for Kazia's GDC-0084
    • Price Sensitive: No
    Oh come on guys...... please.

Read the above and you see that even the ASX has judged this announcement as NOT
    price sensitive. And I’m sorry to say that the market reaction today on the “news” is just as disinterested too.

Trying to apply all kinds of good omens and speculation to a proprietary name issued by a world body is just plain silly.

For sure.... it’s a necessary step along the development path of any company... and like the significance of a birthday to a teenage kid, it marks a welcome step in progress toward maturity. But seriously.... does it have any real value other than that in the minds of already VERY enthusiastic followers.... God bless ‘em.

Unless I’m mistaken... it seems obvious that EVERY company in the world that gets to this stage in their development has a WHO or other similar organisation generic name assigned to its drug. This step therefore is highly unlikely to be any kind of a sign for good...or bad. Just look at the ratio of hits and misses of ALL
    generic drugs if you really must have a sign.

Our company is making steady progress and that is good. Like a number of investors I’m also more concerned where and when the next solid financial/partnering news will come from. H has pointed out that news should be available in some form by year end according to company guidance.... and so I await that with patience and anticipation.

Generic names are fun to play around with... and I do enjoy that banter.... most of the time. So to add to that theme I’ll just say... that if you really MUST have a sign.... I like the first three letters in our new name.....

PAX.

Amen! (And ....Rock On!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.