TLM 0.00% 22.5¢ talisman mining limited

Ann: Wide Zone of Mineralisation Intersected at Durnings, page-25

1. 4,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3967
    Agree largely with your points about the Cobar style of mineralisation and the different zonation, one of the first things that jumped out at me was the variety of different metals with gold, and more Lead-Zinc stuff without gold, and some Silver only intercepts, and other Lead-Silver rich intercepts over different drill holes. It's early days yet, but seems like a complex Cobar-style zoned system, a@ConfusedMiner says though, some interesting but sub-economic-looking intercepts although its got to be emphasized again that this is the early days of drilling with some holes abandoned due to high water inflows, so diamond drilling may be required if more drilling is done deeper. In this case, the grades are sometimes a bit low, and Silver and Lead never really excite ASX investors very much compared to Copper or Gold.

Got to remember that the metals price sentiment around base metals explorers has been terrible with a long period of under-investment in exploration, the few who have persisted, like PEX have done so fruitlessly proving up ever-increasing size base metals deposits near Cobar without any joy or uplift for shareholders at all. As any PEX shareholder will tell you - base metals exploration is a long haul.

Off-topic but @ConfusedMiner - you do know that RVR's Thalanga operation failed for other geotechnical/stope failure reasons, and slow QLD government permitting, and cash flow problems from a royalty dispute as well as low metal prices, so grade wasn't really the main issue with RVR but it was other factors in my opinion that did them in.

Personally - I don't mind what these guys are doing at Rip And Tear and at Durnings, at least they are having a go and drilling some holes and testing different geophysical and geological targets out, they won't all be successes every drill hole but they are making progress in understanding the geology and thats usually a precursor to exploration success.
    Last edited by eastwest101: 05/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $42.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 23.5¢ 22.5¢ $33.96K 150.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3954 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.0¢ 34500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.24pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.