SLM 1.22% 8.3¢ solis minerals ltd.

Well... that's the first time I've seen a weakly altered...

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4066/4066980-9ab08c59fdb463f65ab279445e9eac76.jpg

Well... that's the first time I've seen a weakly altered porphyritic andesite being called a Chilean "manto" with sulphides>oxides and no silver. Mantos are normally oxides which are leached out of a nearby sulphide deposit and precipitated into flow-top breccias, interflow sediments, or voids/vessicles left from bubbles trapped in cooling lava. Gold doesn't like to make the trip from the sulphide deposit. Silver normally comes along for the ride.

Beneath exotic oxide mineralised zones you can sometimes find faults and fractures filled with high grade sulphides like bornite and chalcocite (blue and bright silver, respectively). I've seen fractures a couple metres thick running 20% beneath oxide accumulations.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4066/4066991-5004cf55921605d3869159e5397ba22a.jpg
    Also the first time I've seen feldspars called amygdales (amygdales are the bubbles/vessicles/voids - look for the round shapes above). Those vessicles look empty to me; the chalcocite is concentrated on the margins of the pale yellow/white zones which are either altered phenocrysts or fracture infill. That patchy epidote (pistachio green) is potentially forming proximal to fracture surfaces, migration paths for mobile copper.

I'd be worried about the interpretation of stacked mineralised horizons. Ain't nobody got time to mine horizontal mineralisation at that depth.
    If they start to show some core with strong hydrothermal textures, magnetite>hematite alteration, and disseminated sulphides, strap yourselves in. For now I would probably enjoy today's rocket and consider taking some risk off the table. Hope they don't get SLMed!

GLTAH!
    Last edited by MetalOctopus: Fooked up my alteration style. 08/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.3¢
Change
0.001(1.22%)
Mkt cap ! $6.408M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.3¢ 8.0¢ $10.01K 124.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 64589 8.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 16761 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.31pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.