WIN 6.90% 2.7¢ widgie nickel limited

Ann: Widgie Completes Strongly Supported A$12 Million Placement, page-32

1. 4,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1622

The Widgie plan as I understand is predicated on beneficiating the low grade ore to a marketable DSO -which of course is around 1.3 -1.5% but their HLS lab results achieved better than that -about 5.5 % as I recall - which is surprising. On the other side of the coin many DMS aspirants around the globe with higher grade ore -I have a list of about twenty in Canada -Brazil -Africa are proposing to produce an SC6 product with simple low capex DMS. TYX is one example with coarse grain spodumene in Angola which can be beneficiated to about 7%. And of course CXO is a simple DMS circuit.
    So I have been waiting to see what Widgie could achieve with beneficiation of sub 1% ore and how they were going to proceed.
    But the ore sorting results of GLI- notwithstanding only yet pilot scale - are stunning. As I see it provided there are colour differentiations in the material feed it will be possible for companies to increase grades significantly - at least to DSO grade and maybe with dry feed DMS also in the circuit even higher grade.
    But don't tell the Chinese or any of the hundreds of small miners in Africa already selling fairly large tonnages of DSO with expensive complex Chinese diamond plants where their recoveries are almost non -existent . But who cares the artisanals are still getting USD $ 500 a tonne for digging up pegmatites and bagging it for their Chinese masters.
    The same theme is running through the thoughts of companies like GLI - exactly the same as a lot of aspirants in this business -just put the fines aside for another day - let's make merry whilst the sun shines. And given the US Govt today announced we will need 42 times the current production rate of lithium or whatever it was I don't see any problems with the DSO market for decades.
    And on another note - if ore sorters can successfully beneficiate all the lithium micas of all sorts of descriptions -as companies are discovering in Africa - Thailand and elsewhere around the globe -including in WA - then hold on to your hat. This is big news -

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5313/5313574-ed9b73efd29e1f8f528965d80e0c89b7.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
-0.002(6.90%)
Mkt cap ! $8.617M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.9¢ 2.9¢ 2.7¢ $7.139K 254.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 140307 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 74329 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.