KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

Just took some additional time off tonight to analyze the...

1. 80 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    Just took some additional time off tonight to analyze the announcement in greater detail.

I've been under the impression that the SP has been getting a little too high over the last couple weeks, but this announcement has put that fear to bed. The amount of time and effort this saves us is huge.

Time = Money. The opportunity cost of forgoing an early partnership to grow the marketplace from scratch would have been a tough task to tackle. This allows us to focus on service, and making sure clients on the platform are satisfied. We've all mentioned that word of mouth is critical in the wine industry, and once we have a few satisfied clients on the marketplace word will spread and the company will grow organically.

I personally love the fact that Dean was quoted two or three times around making sure that we get the launch correct, and that the soft launch is for new clients to 'try and break the system'.

Many of our clients in the wine industry would be quite oldschool, and may perhaps be a little adverse to technology. This is the main reason that DW8 will be successful - they are introducing technology to an industry which has disregarded it in the past. Imagine how that same winery would feel, after trusting in Dean and the team to take their business online.... and the system crashes or glitches in the first few times they use it. Chances are they'd be burnt by the experience and revert to their existing methods very quickly.

The dedicated fleet is also a very nice touch, as it allows us to control the process and make sure we can be held accountable for our actions. Plenty of consumers have lost faith in companies due to small hiccups or delays with deliveries - if we want to compete, we need to be able to follow through with our guaranteed delivery times through our own channels instead of depending on an independent third party which would not prioritize us.

The only question mark about this announcement would be the amounts paid. In my personal opinion, i think the amount we've paid is very reasonable for the acceleration in growth and time saved. People tend to forget that cash burn is always extremely high for a high growth stock - in a startup's adolescent years, the goal is not necessarily to make a profit as early as possible. In Dw8's instance, the goal is to disrupt the market and gain growth. Once you have a large client base, you can easily charge an extra 10 cents here or there to every client and receive a significant boost in profit and revenue.

A prime example is Uber - when they came to disrupt the market in Australia, they undercut taxi's by a ridiculous amount. It became a no-brainer to use uber as it used technology to simply the process and save the consumer money in the process. Plain and simple, there was no strong argument to use a taxi instead of an uber. To win early business and consumer confidence, they burnt a tonne of money on free rides, supercar trips around the city, helicopter rides, etc to get their name out there. Once they had captured a very large market share, they increased their prices across the board. I know that uber is not a profitable company, so the comparison is a little stale - but at the same time, they are nowhere near the end of their journey either.

I believe we'll be in for another exciting day and potentially another 10% increase tomorrow once people have taken the time to properly read the announcement.

As always, this is just my opinion so please do not consider this as financial advice. Best of luck holders!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.