WGX 4.96% $2.54 westgold resources limited.

Ann: Withdrawal of Gascoyne Takeover Offer, page-5

1. 452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    joelstar
    I dont see how you can describe the WGX offer as pennypinching.At both 1 for 4 and 3 for 11 it offered a near 80%-100% uplift to the GCY share price in the preceding 3 months.It is rare for a company to receive a t/o offering a 100% uplift in the value of their shares.Hardly penny pinching.What I dont see was the importance of requiring the FFR SID not to proceed.I did not and still do not see how this was a major impediment to the takeover.It is not as though FFR does not have some resources with a prospect of increasing their inventory.It seems odd that the WGX chairman talks openly about revisiting a bid when to do so means WGX will be bidding for an entity that has the very thing it said it did not want,namely FFR's resources.GCY has a mill that needs to be better utilised>Its attraction will diminish as the cost of building a similar mill decreases.Its asic is not good with its present resources and in the absence of finding higher grade ore another bid could be at a lesser price.I believe it has less than 12 months to prove itself in the eyes of the market.Time and drilling will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.54
Change
0.120(4.96%)
Mkt cap ! $1.203B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.47 $2.54 $2.45 $26.96M 10.67M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 161515 $2.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.55 107860 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.