ETM 5.41% 3.5¢ energy transition minerals ltd

"Greenland had a zero tolerance policy toward MINING radioactive...

1. 145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    "Greenland had a zero tolerance policy toward MINING radioactive materials. Can you show me where it states “exploitation” in any document or news article? "
    Exploitation is the legislative term for extracting resources from the earth, it's not a colloquial term. If you read mining, it means either/and/or the exploration and exploitation process.

"As we know Kavanefjeld deposit contains elevated levels of radioactive materials, which is why it was not possible to mine before the zero tolerance policy was removed."
    It was not possible to mine because there was no exploitation license granted over the tenement, only an exploration license which does not confer the right to extract. There was not an established legislative and regulatory process in Greenland for radioactive REM extraction that complied with international standards, which is what GGG has been working with the Government to create over the last decade. The reason for no extraction prior to this date was not because of elevated radioactive materials.

"Of course there’s traces of radioactive material in the ground everywhere and seeing there was an operational mine in Greenland during the zero tolerance days, there had to be some kind of a limit, otherwise there would have been no mining at all. Although I’m unsure of how they determined the limit."
    There was no limit before. If you were mining in incidentally radioactive areas, there was no direct legislative constraint. Mining in Greenland is extremely under regulated as it is in it's early development stages. Kind of scary actually. Prior to the new Act, it would have been addressed in their environmental impact assessment (EIA) subject to approval of the EIA report on a case by case basis. The only exception was for intentional radioactive exploitation activities, which Kavanefjeld is arguably not.

Most countries work off a complex Bq/g formula rather than a ppm limit, and this is normally assessed in the Environmental reporting of the license application. The 100ppm limit is, according to Government statements, a purely political and policy based decision so it is not able to be challenged on scientific grounds using international standard (which is probably why they didn't use the Bq/g formula that is standard in developed mining nations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
-0.002(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $49.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.5¢ $4.124K 114.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 200528 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 8171 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.5¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 5.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.5¢ 51218
Last updated 13.24pm 01/05/2024 ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.