NIC 0.00% 80.5¢ nickel industries limited

Ann: Withdrawal of Share Purchase Plan, page-42

1. 2,750 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379
    I've previously postrd that this was not a company-specific event, but a capital structure event. This misinterpretation by the market -- or panic selling by Tsingy -- provided me and many more with a great entry. ) Thanks Greedy Xiang!

Edited from FNArena:

Nickel Mines impacted by links with joint venture partner

The share price for Nickel Mines ((NIC) today and yesterday fell materially on media reports of China-based company Tsingshan being caught on the wrong side of a short squeeze in nickel prices.

Nickel prices more than doubled in one day, reaching more than US$100/kg from US$45/kg, before the London Metal Exchange suspended trading, with limited spot inventory driving the rally.

Nickel Mines is the junior partner co-investing in production assets with Tsingshan in several Indonesian nickel projects.

Some brokers see risks while others sense an opportunity.

Bell Potter notes the underlying fundamentals of the business are unchanged, apart from upward pressure on nickel pig iron prices. The overreaction of the share price is seen as a time to acquire more stock. The broker’s Buy rating and $1.76 target are retained.

Citi equally notes there is minimal risk to Nickel Mines' operations and retains its $1.90 target and Buy rating.

https://www.fnarena.com/index.php/2022/03/10/material-matters-oil-wheat-copper-and-nickel/

OV

PS Makes the soon to be announced re-pricing of the SPP all the more enticing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NIC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.450B
Open High Low Value Volume
82.0¢ 82.0¢ 80.0¢ $2.719M 3.367M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19814 80.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
81.0¢ 22292 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NIC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.