WOW 0.91% $34.30 woolworths group limited

Ann: Woolworths Group proposal to acquire API, page-2

1. 10,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    The accountants among us can work out what is the current fair value for API.

However this seems a great strategic move by WOW.

Priceline Pharmacies overwhelmingly attract a female demographic. While I'm no expert profiler the business seems to have a lot of 18-40 year old women who love its cosmetics ranges.

Priceline is also well known for offering flu shots and more recently COVID-19 vaccinations. Unlike unlisted rival Chemist Warehouse, the wider aisles and often availability of a separate room make these a breeze at Priceline, though it increased the cost of these this year if I recall.

For years, WOW has wanted to establish pharmacies in supermarkets, but has been stymied by the pharmacists' industry lobby group - some call it the strongest trade union in Oz as it has the ear of Federal governments - so this could be an excellent way of entering the sector.

Specific figures have not been quoted but a recent media article briefly claimed 'WOW's market share (in supermarket trading) was increasing' so it has plenty of cash to wisely splash around.

Will WES reply with a further, higher bid?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.