WOW 0.26% $34.53 woolworths group limited

The accountants among us can work out what is the current fair...

1. 10,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1410
    The accountants among us can work out what is the current fair value for API.

However this seems a great strategic move by WOW.

Priceline Pharmacies overwhelmingly attract a female demographic. While I'm no expert profiler the business seems to have a lot of 18-40 year old women who love its cosmetics ranges.

Priceline is also well known for offering flu shots and more recently COVID-19 vaccinations. Unlike unlisted rival Chemist Warehouse, the wider aisles and often availability of a separate room make these a breeze at Priceline, though it increased the cost of these this year if I recall.

For years, WOW has wanted to establish pharmacies in supermarkets, but has been stymied by the pharmacists' industry lobby group - some call it the strongest trade union in Oz as it has the ear of Federal governments - so this could be an excellent way of entering the sector.

Specific figures have not been quoted but a recent media article briefly claimed 'WOW's market share (in supermarket trading) was increasing' so it has plenty of cash to wisely splash around.

Will WES reply with a further, higher bid?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.53
Change
-0.090(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $42.27B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.76 $34.88 $34.49 $30.07M 868.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 3006 $34.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.53 1863 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.54pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.