MYD 0.00% $1.05 mydeal.com.au limited

Ann: Woolworths Group Proposes to Acquire 80% Interest in MyDeal, page-33

1. 1,288 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    there are a few top shareholders who will retain their shares, esp. the founder of My Deal keeps 20% of the shares in MYD. If WOW is purchasing 80% of the shares then there must be no other shareholders who retain their shares. I thought there are other big shareholders in the mix who keep their MYD even when it goes off market but maybe that is it. I will have to check this out again. Anyway, its the bigger holders that have the voting/influence/decision making power not retail shareholders like us who own collectively only 17% of MYD shares thereby having insignificant impact when decisions are made regarding shareholder interests via their small voting power. So this acquisition is benefitting the MYD management and some larger holders which was what they negotiated as a condition of the selling out of 80% of the shares to WOW - totally ignoring us smaller holders really and our future interests in investing in MYD. Why did we bother to hold these MYDs so long,, those that did.. ?
    We get a vote on it all later which will just be a waste of time. I'm not voting, just ignoring... yes maybe a better offer may come along

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.