CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Ann: World best copper grades from native copper zone, page-93

1. 1,503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    As I said yesterday - ''the shorts are trapped for now" oh WM - what a timing!!!

Chand, I am not a shorter and I do not know anyone that shorts, however I have done some research in the past to understand how it all works.

I really can not fathom the thinking of people who think the shorters are going to burn or go broke whenever there is a share price increase. These guys are reasonably sophisticated and just as a sensible investor will have a stop loss, the shorters will have a buy in place if the price hits their upper limit.

All this nonsense blaming shorters for the share price originated with WM and his letter to shareholders when M&G sold out stating they were selling because of project delays.

M&G have been totally vindicated on that call while WM never accepts responsibility for the adhoc way this project has been managed. Myer are the most shorted stock on the ASX by % of shares and yet Bernie Brookes, the CEO not once has come out and blamed shorters for the share price and has acknowledged that company performance is to blame.

Hoots and I have posted a few times pointing out that CDU is nowhere near the top of the most shorted stock, last time I looked there were over 70 companies with a higher short position than CDU.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.