LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

re: Ann: World First for LNC with Hydrogen Fu... OnkapaThank you...

1. 37,824 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 419
    re: Ann: World First for LNC with Hydrogen Fu...
    Onkapa

Thank you very much for the replies, particularly the second link which let me read some posts w/o joining (dont want to risk excommunication from HC lol).

In one post, that fellow says 2400 x 50KW cells to get to 120MW for a cost of $84 mill pounds or A$150 mill. That sure is a lot of cells, but the cost if right is at the lower end of the range I would expect for a 120MW syngas fuelled power station.

If that poster is correct, on paper it looks better than I might have expected. However, it would be interesting to see how life cycle cell maintenance including electrode replacement costs stack up to gas turbine life cycle costs.

If I have learnt anything over the past 7 yrs investing in energy start ups, it is that everything always takes longer than originally stated. Maybe it is so with fuel cells, particularly with such a quantum leap in scale from 50KW units to 100MW + power stations ... maybe it is not.

LNC appear to be boundary pushers ... a risk of that is that new syngas technology risk x new power generation technology risk might just expand development timelines (is this not to some degree already be happening with efforts to match ucg syngas and GTL technologies?).

Others are matching tried and tested turbine technology with an existing ucg syngas technology for no doubt different risks and outcomes.

They should invent a UCG board game we can all play lol.

Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.