RNO 0.00% 4.0¢ rhinomed limited

Welcome greybeard, Your assertion on the CDC statement...

1. 127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Welcome greybeard, Your assertion on the CDC statement misconstrues their announcement. Viral Posts Misrepresent CDC Announcement on COVID-19 PCR Test - FactCheck.org. The PCR test is available on a number of different platforms and is gold standard. The rapid PCR has been available for several years but was costly and generally used in defined circumstances. The panels for the rapid testing are growing all the time as this technology is embraced. People may confuse rapid PCR with lab based test or lab based confirmation that generally occurs if the rapid screens it. The Rapid antigen tests as opposed to rapid PCR appear to be being used by NSWHP as a screening for large testing volumes but this can change. I wish they would clarify this but recognise their ability to release such clarification is constrained by political influence.

I think people are getting a bit distracted by PCR and rapid antigen testing and thinking the swab relates only to rapid antigen testing. As you are new you may care to read my earlier post drawing authoritative references that explain the difference. RHINOMED LIMITED (ASX:RNO) - Ann: First Government orders for Rhinoswab, 55255142, page-46 - HotCopper | ASX Share Prices, Stock Market & Share Trading Forum

My less confident assertion is that NSW HP are using these for rapid antigen but can also use them for some PCR tests. The cotton bud swab we all detest is being used for PCR by the private clinics. So the rhinoswab can be used for both and now hopefully kids. Its a game changer and if the next large govt order comes soon we will all be happy here.

Caveat I am an engineer and not in any way qualified in pathology. Of course pathology is being revolutionised by engineering and data analysis and it challenges many established systems. For this reason we all need to be wary of technology to replace swabs as its just time till it gets: approved for use, price pointed smartly and then adopted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.