RNO 0.00% 4.0¢ rhinomed limited

RHINOSWAB JUNIOR WOULD SOLVE THIS...A pregnant doctor at the...

1. 575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    RHINOSWAB JUNIOR WOULD SOLVE THIS...

A pregnant doctor at the hospital refused to see my son without a COVID test

A Victorian mum was forced to hold her toddler down as he got a COVID test after the two-year-old had a seizure.

What do our kids think about COVID?

Children have plenty of helpful information on coronavirus, including how to stop the spread and where to get vaccinated.

As Jennifer drifted off to sleep, she suddenly heard weird little noises coming from her two-year-old son.

Earlier that night, the little boy had been grumpy with a slight temperature, so she had popped him into bed with her to sleep.

But now, as Jennifer turned the light on to check on him, she was greeted with every parent’s worst nightmare.

“He was stiff… the seizure lasted for a good three or four minutes – and then he was unconscious with his eyes rolling back in his head,” the Victorian mum tells Kidspot.

"A pregnant doctor made my son get a COVID test"

The terrified mum immediately called an ambulance – and managed to keep her little boy safe until help arrived.

By the time paramedics managed to get to them, over 20 minutes later, the little boy had regained consciousness but was still quite out of it.

“Once we got to the hospital we were taken straight to a bed in emergency where he came around quite quickly and was talking to me but was still very shaky,” Jennifer says.

He was kept in overnight, with a doctor coming in early the next morning to check on him.

It was then that Jennifer was informed that her son would need to get a COVID test before her son could be given further medical attention.

“Our doctor was pregnant so she wouldn’t go near my son until he was tested,” Jennifer explains.

“Even though we have been at home away from everyone and everything and take all precautions to stay away from everything.”

Jennifer's son was hospitalised after his seizure - with their pregnant doctor forcing him to get a COVID test.

"My son was forced to get a COVID test - I had to hold him down"

Jennifer didn’t feel like she had a choice – so she reluctantly agreed to have her son tested for COVID.

“He screamed as they did it… I had to hold him down,” she vividly recalls.

“I hated having to hold him down, he looked me in the eyes for help - but I couldn't do anything till it was done… after all, he went through he had to have this done!”

It wasn’t until the test came back as negative that Jennifer’s son was able to get proper medical attention.

To make matters worse, Jennifer later learned that it didn’t have to be that way.

“Another doctor came around after the negative COVID test – and said I could have asked for a different doctor so my son didn’t have to get tested,” she incredulously explains.

“That would have been nice to know before we went through this.

Jennifer says her son has been traumatised by the whole experience. Source: Supplied to Kidspot

"He stopped eating and drinking because he was so scared"

Jennifer’s son was discharged from the hospital later that same day – and was given a clean bill of health.

Doctors told Jennifer that he likely suffered a febrile seizure which may have been caused by a virus.

The toddler hasn’t had a seizure since – but Jennifer says her poor little man has been traumatised by the experience.

“He stopped eating and drinking because he was so scared about the hospital and the doctor,” Jennifer reveals.

Jennifer is also traumatised by the whole experience – and remains terrified of having to put her son through the same nightmare situation again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.