KCN 4.43% $1.65 kingsgate consolidated limited.

Ann: WPG's Option to acquire the Challenger gold project, page-16

1. JID
    3,676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 836
    Hi Guys,

The key piece of missing information for shareholders to be able to assess the worth of either transaction is how much 'closure and rehabilitation costs' KCN are saving by flicking the asset to a third party. Is it millions?

The other parts of the WPG transaction are simply immaterial - i.e. WPG's $1m cash IF the mine reopens and $25 per oz royalty IF there is gold found on a specific part of the tenement.

Why hasn't this singularly key piece of information been released for shareholders information?

If this cost saving is not material then fellow HC posters have provided far better ideas for future optionality:

(1) Toll treatment possibilities
    (2) JV arrangements with nearby explorers with the Challenger Plant as KCN's contribution
    (3) Sell plant as second hand plant for relocation (e.g. HGO and TRY)

I have followed KCN for years, previously being a (brief) investor. I maintain my view that KCN has for some time operated in a way that has destroyed shareholder value, unlike other management teams such as NST and EVN.

WTF was the share price action all about yesterday? I will remain a non-investor here.

Cheers
    John

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.65
Change
0.070(4.43%)
Mkt cap ! $425.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.63 $1.68 $1.62 $858.1K 520.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8431 $1.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.65 45705 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.