WTC 2.79% $96.15 wisetech global limited

I think the next few years are a problem. But nothing to do with...

1. 152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I think the next few years are a problem. But nothing to do with Wisetech or internally. External factors are piling up globally effecting shipping in general and IMHO this will effect Wistech's revenue base.

1 - Shipping Rates - are through the roof! It is over USD$20,000 to ship China to USA. And that is exclusive of surcharges etc.
    2 - Port Congestion - There are over 70 ships docked off Los Angeles alone.
    3 - Misplaced Empty Containers - All the current empty containers needed for loading are in middle USA or places believe it or not Australia. Just this month NSW Port introduced on top of all the other fees a empty fee to the shipping lines for their containers.
    4 - China Ports - Ningbo Port one of the worlds largest recently closed last month for 4 x weeks due a COVID outbreak.
    5 - Also China - has power problems so they are blacking out parts of the country restricting manufacturers capacity over winter to produce.

Not down ramping. This all trickles down to the end user. The importer or exporter. They are paying over 8 x times at least what they did prior. And yes it may be short term, but that's not what is being said in the industry.

What I see happening is that Wisetech may have to cut their fees/subscriptions for no other reason than to keep clients. And with Richard White being a stalwart in the industry he will do it. It will be a client saying look I can pay $40 instead of $100 and he will say yes.

Remember Wistech is there for forwarders to work effectively and quicker. They can do the operation Wisetech does for free. It would be hard, but in these times its better than losing a client.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$96.15
Change
-2.760(2.79%)
Mkt cap ! $32.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$97.72 $98.21 $95.54 $143.9M 1.496M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 144 $96.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$96.22 462 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$95.79
  Change
-2.760 ( 3.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
$97.74 $97.74 $95.55 11641
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
WTC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.