WTC 0.46% $131.04 wisetech global limited

Ann: WTC responds to misinformation in market report, page-93

1. 896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 277
    You will find answers to some of your concerns in this morning's announcement (and of course in the past few years' annual reports and other announcements and updates by the company).

With regard to buying 'tiny companies', they are bought "...to amplify knowledge, resources and access to new key markets, or accelerate the convergence of technologies".

These companies might not directly contribute more to revenue because the acquisitions are strategic, for the above reasons, and are not "revenue rollups".

Wisetech spends so much on development work because the founders' vision is "...to be the operating system for global logistics". Wisetech is investing for the future to stay ahead of the competition and be the global standard for logistics operators.

This strategy might not suit shorters, day traders and other short term investors who are only seeking short term (and necessarily lower) profits. It is, however, a great strategy for delivering above average profits to long term holders.

I first bought in at $4 back in April 2016, trimmed some at $38+ a few weeks ago and still hold most now at $28+. Wisetech's strategy is working very nicely for me.
    Last edited by Equitable: 23/10/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$131.04
Change
-0.600(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $43.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$132.47 $133.54 $130.94 $82.69M 628.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 170 $130.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$131.19 41 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WTC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.