XRO 3.41% $141.50 xero limited

Ann: Xero appoints Steve Vamos as CEO, page-15

1. 896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 277
    The Sydney Morning Herald quotes Rod explaining where this comes from. Rod's idea and good on him for recognising the need and making the moves. Rod's not leaving, just focusing on what he does best. Going forward I can see Rod focusing on improving the product even further and Steve taking it to the world.

"Mr Drury said he realised when new chief executive and former Microsoft Australia head Steve Vamos began consulting for the business 18 months ago that in five years he would no longer have the skillset required to drive the company's ongoing transformation into a multinational tech giant.
    "I feel very comfortable about the next year or two, but in the next five years we have to build a multinational business and I didn't have those skills," he said.
    "While working with Steve that became apparent and I started realising all the things I didn't know. I had to make sure we were making the big decisions now to create long-term shareholder value, while I get to do the bits I love."
    "It was while we were doing the budgeting process that I could see the scale of the business as we go forward and it became clear to me that I was a product guy, and this required different skills," Mr Drury said."
    Last edited by Equitable: 05/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XRO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.