HMX 2.78% 3.7¢ hammer metals limited

A few thoughts to the topic "gold".Gold's relationship with real...

1. 4,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1353
    A few thoughts to the topic "gold".

Gold's relationship with real yields has shifted in recent months, suggesting a regime chance for the yellow metal.

The prospect of a more stubborn core inflation backdrop and potential pause for central banks rate hikes is constructive for gold - and for most other precious metals.

Modest USD weakness over the medium term is consistent with a decent rise in gold pricing.

Investors remain under-invested compared to previous years (e.g. ETFs)

Central banks were huge buyers of gold in 2022 (e.g. China...) - and if this continues, it will be a game changer.

The only downside risk is the possibility of position liquidation to provide margin fro risky assets - as in 2008/2009.

Summary: Gold is set to trade materially higher levels over the coming months and years - this could lead to a new era for precious metals in general.

I personally do not write off the gold topic in the context of HMX. Actually, I only became aware of HMX because I was a shareholder of Echo Resources (which was taken over by NST - now our neighbour in Bronzewing South, so to speak).

Apart from that, it makes a difference whether the gold that could be mined as a by-product of copper extraction could be sold at a USD/oz of 2000 or 3000 (or more).

I don't even want to go into the chart-technical considerations now. Nor do I want to go into other panic scenarios that would send the gold price soaring to heavenly heights.

I think we could see a price of USD/oz 2100 in the next few weeks - which could pave the floor for prices towards 3000 in the next 2 years.

The price of copper is also very resilient. Currently back above USD/lb 4. I would rather have thought we are still correcting towards 3.8 or below. Amazing somehow.

As always, everyone has to know what he or she is doing. For my part, I remain constructively positive for HMX. Let's let the metals speak - if everything that experts, analysts and who knows what else predict comes true, then the calculation must also work out for HMX. Then such a Kalman Hub plus decoration could justify, in my view, a market capitalization that is considerably higher than the current one.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
0.001(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $32.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.7¢ $990 26.75K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 521127 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 123243 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.16pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.