EVT 0.93% $10.71 evt limited

I listened to some of today's webcast. The quality of it was...

1. 10,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    I listened to some of today's webcast. The quality of it was very poor. Jane Hastings' thick NZ accent made some of her comments a little difficult to understand (not helped by the low volume I could obtain).

Jane Hastings said that despite the bad media publicity from the Rydges Hotel Swanston (Melbourne - near Melbourne University) security guards scandal with quarantining arriving overseas travellers, EVT's Rydges' brand tracking shows a 'neutral' result.

She emphasised that Rydges gained market share during this period, and that those surveyed re the Rydges' brand understood it was a 'quarantine hotel' with Rydges staff playing a limited role.

She said that 'the travel industry has seen 'the government calling the shots.'

'The brand is strong domestically' and 'we can see light at the end of the tunnel' were further comments.

She said that staff were expected to grow revenue not just contain costs.

She didn't provide an update on Thredbo revenue for winter, but said an update would be given at the AGM. This to me is unsatisfactory, as she'd well know how it was tracking.

In 2019-20, Event has not outlined specifically how much revenue it obtained from quarantining travellers but it 'had increased.' She also declined to state how much hotels revenue had come from business travellers.

The NZ government is not extending wage subsidies at this point. The company is working through JobKeeper's qualification requirements for Australia.

I have now listened to three webcasts: for instance, the QUB webcast I heard was much better with far more information, although I didn't listen to all of this EVT one.

EVT needs to ensure any future virtual briefings have better sound quality.

Last edited by Hopeful9: 01/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.71
Change
-0.100(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $1.737B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.81 $10.90 $10.70 $1.569M 146.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 592 $10.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.75 252 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.