EVT 0.93% $10.71 evt limited

The MD Jane Hastings at the above analysts' telephone briefing...

1. 10,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    The MD Jane Hastings at the above analysts' telephone briefing this morning (1 September 2020) also made a brief comment to the effect that the TransTasman travel bubble might be first and that this would help EVT as it had a strong brand in New Zealand.

However, while not in EVT's control, the latest indications I've read from NZ is that given the disastrous situation in Victoria, any reopening of TransTasman air (and sea) travel won't occur soon.

It surprised me that Jane Hastings didn't offer a more robust defence of the Rydges Swanston Hotel situation. She emphasised that she wasn't in Melbourne, but I think the analyst who asked the question - a male - was, like me. She may not have seen the constant negative coverage of the hotel quarantine inquiry down here, with the reporters on TV sometimes showing the 'Rydges' sign.

Since that whole saga began, I haven't seen any attempt by EVT to defend its brand overtly. Perhaps it just hopes the matter will go away. Mind you, it isn't the only hotel chain affected as Stamford Hotels and Hotel Grand Chancellor, plus Bradys' Hotel in Melbourne have all been named more than once by various Melbourne media.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.