AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Continuing the investigation lithium hydroxide production and...

1. 5,890 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1869
    Continuing the investigation lithium hydroxide production and the slow down in the market .
    How does this have positive impact in Tianyi advancing the 100,000 tonnes per annum.?
    Slow down in Tianqi as mentioned in other post and also this.
    What is noticeable is feed from Greenbushes and not the Wodgina mine ???
    perhaps the conversion rate from Wodgina may prove to be below 60% , so how would it be profitable for Albemarle?
    Pressure is mounting for high quality spodumene...
    ALL IMO

MinRes reaps $US1.3 billion for stake in mothballed lithium mine

Brad ThompsonReporter
    Nov 1, 2019 — 1.18pm

The future of one of Australia’s biggest lithium projects is under a cloud after it was mothballed on the same day US battery metals giant Albemarle finalised a deal to hand Chris Ellison-led Mineral Resources $US1.3 billion ($1.89 billion) for a controlling stake.

Albemarle and MinRes, now officially 60-40 joint venture partners, have put the Wodgina project into care and maintenance indefinitely in the latest sign of how the lithium bubble has burst in the 12 months since Albemarle first agreed to buy into the West Australian mine.

The shutdown was announced on Friday as MinRes completed a deal where Albemarle paid $US820 million ($1.19 billion) in cash for its stake in Wodgina and also handed over a 40 per cent stake in the first stage of its $US1.2 billion lithium hydroxide processing plant under construction at Kemerton, in WA’s south-west.

Albemarle is set to supply the Kemerton plant from the nearby Greenbushes mine it owns in partnership with China’s Tianqi.

It is now unclear if Wodgina, in WA’s Pilbara region and about 1800 kilometres north of Kemerton by road, will ever supply the hydroxide plant.
    Albemarle said the Wodgina mine would remain idle until demand for spodumene warranted a re-start.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.