AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Yibin Tianyi Withdraw FIRB Application, page-328

1. 1,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1234
    My interpretation is FIRB rejected the deal because AVZ production would hurt WA producers. If so, it means FIRB will reject any foreign investment in AVZ, from any country. This is extraordinarily short-sighted, given the resource will be eventually developed. Wouldn’t it be in WA producers’ interests to at least have an Australian competitor, rather than a foreign one operating under less stringent tax and compliance regimes?

So if overseas capital investment is not an option, where does that leave AVZ? With such a high IRR, maybe AVZ can borrow the money???

And please, no responses from paid WA Li trolls stating high DFS spod prices means the DFS is rubbish. AVZ was always a leveraged bet on Li prices surging with EV revolution. Obviously, if you waited till Li prices improved to invest in AVZ, by then AVZ would be a lot more expensive. So the numbers used in the DFS doesn’t worry me. Lack of funding does.

The Yibin deal always smelled like managerial laziness to me. The easy option, but at great cost to shareholders. So part of me is happy to see the back of this deal. However, the FIRB’s response seems to close the door on any future deal too. Hopefully I’m wrong.

No low-content gloating WA troll responses please, and no mindless up-ramping responses either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.