MIN 0.47% $50.94 mineral resources limited

$200m is deferred until they achieve a 35mtpa run rate over a...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,822 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1787
    $200m is deferred until they achieve a 35mtpa run rate over a whole qtr and $100m is the tax/other costs associated with the sale.

also check out what cliffs had estimated as the rehab closure costs before min saved its bacon. $220m back in 2018. What would it be now?
    https://thewest.com.au/business/min...rly-exit-from-koolyanobbing-ng-b88844808z.amp

there’s also a $200m payment it needs to make on July 1 as per a recent ann. Then the tenements purchased from bci..

Net debt was $3.5b as at 31 Dec but only $1.9b June 30 2023. Avg debt in this CY so far would be substantially greater than last year which means the interest costs of $167m for HY ending Dec 2023 would be dwarfed in this HY ending 30 June 2024.

then you have IO being 16% lower in Mar qtr than Dec qtr (according to min quarterly for March 2024). Pilbara and yilgarn made $34 and $26 ebitda per tonne respectively in HY Dec 23 (as per presentation). EBITDA would be marginal at best in this HY and there’s still an other 6 months at yilgarn to go irrespective of whether it is making a loss or not.

The underlying npat was $196m for Hy Dec 2023. Lithium is much worse off now than the avg price realised during the last HY

Even $196m for HY gives it a massive p/e at the current share price.

I can tell you what I think it’s worth. Let’s just say I believe it was in a stronger position when it launched the takeover offer of AGO.
    Last edited by scrabble1: 21/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MIN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.