VMC 0.00% 9.8¢ venus metals corporation limited

This little 12 capper is sitting on a sleeping giant here - in...

1. 9,935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2453
    This little 12 capper is sitting on a sleeping giant here - in the ann mention was made to downstream processing and even to battery production.

Matthew Hogan said -
    " ...The Company is advancing discussions in relation to new process technologies for our
    concentrate which involve potentially fully integrated battery development opportunities”.

I hope peeps here have done a bit of study on grid level electricity storage.

1. Check out Li ion batteries like the one Elton Musk installed for S. Australia - their cost, efficency and life in number of full charge recharge cycles  For a quick read see http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/bu_413a_storing_renewable_energy_in_a_battery

2. Also Pumped Storage schemes like the one proposed for Snowy Mountains - Massive capital cost and considerable opex, but very long life.   Hillgrove Resources also worked up a project using their exhausted pit, but I have a hunch capex will kill that one.
    Only Governments can do crazy things like PS. [I feel entitled to say that because the Engineers I worked for in UK were consultants for a PS in Wales and also did the Civil design work for the Aswan High Dam hydro scheme (not the dam itself) and for the removal and relocation of the Temples. Crazy - I mean absolutely fruit cake crazy!!]

3. Then there are REDOX Flow Batteries - Vanadium the most likely electrolyte.  They have huge advantages - yes they will still be costly needing expensive V in acid solution, but they have capacity only limited by the investment in electrolyte and life only limited by maintenance caused by wear and tear and possibly degradation of catalysts. [the acidic electrolyte may be a limiting safety factor for road use, other than large vehicles like buses, but for a high speed train a VRFB may be the ant's pants and much cheaper than installed electrical conductors - just a hunch]

For our board to say - we have the V and we have the spirit to take this right through is just amazing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $18.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5319 9.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 191598 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.