YOW 0.00% 2.5¢ yowie group ltd

Ann: Yowie Gains Access to 10,000 New Convenience Channel Outlets-YOW.AX, page-42

1. 9,372 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 862
    I haven't looked into the Middle East yet . Does anyone else know the middle east market ?

Just separating out the Puerto Rico as I did some notes when it was announced as I knew nothing about the place as I haven't traveled there yet -

Walmart and Walgreens already have store there . This distribution deal may be for the local petrol , mini supermarket or convenience sector if it is still in play. I would think that Walmart and Walgreens would be trying to get first mover advantage if they could and higher local price point rather than let a local convenience take the cream? Either that or it is actually the walmart deal as they are under a different branding over there?

There is not a huge market there but with a existing distribution network in place for USA goods. 400,000 kids in the demographic with 70% probably not in the right financial demographic to buy so 120,000 kids at a guess.

Biggest or most prominent Food wholesaler ?

www.josesantiago.com
    José Santiago Inc. is the oldest, largest, and most advanced full-line foodservice distributor in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.

Kinder banned in PR??? USA territory law so I think so.

Demographics from Wikipedia
    Population 3.5 million -4mill
    White catholics spanish - great for Easter and Christmas and with Christian gift giving , festival and grandparents culture etc.
    island size 100kmx 50km

Income - in 2010 the median income in Puerto Rico was $19,370, which is just over half that of the poorest state (Mississippi, $37,838) and 37% of the nationwide average ($51,144).[98] A. This spread in mean wages could be explained by a minimum wage law for certain industries that are capped to 70% of the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour
    Huge disparity in income as PR is a biotechnology hub etc so there is a small portion of the population on really good money and 85% on very little . 50% below poverty line. Cities high cost of living.

Huge population of Puerto Rico workers and immigrants in New York

Unemployment 13%

Demographic in PR
    Age Group Male Female Total %
    1 Total 1 755 479 1 911 605 3 667 084 100
    2 0-4 107 000 102 597 209 597 5,72
    3 5-9 116 188 109 665 225 853 6,16
    4 10-14 129 722 123 006 252 728 6,89
    5 15-19 138 646 132 250 270 896 7,39

This is a list of notable companies in Puerto Rico, grouped by their Industry Classification Benchmark sector.
    Retail

SuperMax supermarket from walmart noncompetitive split
    Pitusa Markets supermarket from walmart noncompetitive split

Convenience store category
    In Costa Rica, family-owned and operated convenience stores called pulperías have been common since the 1900s and there are many of those stores in every neighbourhood.
    In the 2010s, modern convenience stores were introduced, mainly by the AMPM company. Competitors launched brands such as Musmanni Mini Super (a chain of bakery stores promoted to convenience stores), Vindi (operated by AutoMercado supermarket company), and Fresh Market (operated by AMPM in a format appealing to prosperous neighborhoods).

AMPM - BP branded fuel stations etc https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ampm

Also Puma energy is PR fuel.
    Interesting petrol station network but I understand there is attendants that fill your car ( those were the days) but I don't know if customers walk in to shop to pay.
    Puma energy - 350 petrol stations http://www.pumaenergy.com/en/regions/americas/puerto-rico-us-virgin-islands

http://www.pumaenergy.com/en/regions/americas/puerto-rico-us-virgin-islands
    Last edited by Teddyward: 9145 04/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.