YOW 0.00% 2.7¢ yowie group ltd

First of all, this is a huge announcement as it is further...

1. 281 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    First of all, this is a huge announcement as it is further validation from the American consumers in the Yowie product. The growth in our shipped sales was one thing but this could just be filling up all the retail stores, to receive big follow up orders we need them to sell at shelf - which clearly is happening!

However, working for FMCG I know that data can be twisted in different ways so good to break down what each one means:

1) #1 ranked Novely Chocolate (Chocolate and Novelty Candy/Total U.S./excluding Walmart/$ value sales for 52 weeks ending 26 March 2016)
    Main question would be what is included in the 'Novelty Chocolate' market, I imagine that it would be quite a bit smaller than the main chocolate market. Interesting that they didn't include Walmart since we are now in all of their stores however this only occurred from September last year so if you look at the ranking over the last year Yowie would be understated.

2) #3 ranked total US Candy (Total U.S. Candy P.O.S. /$ value sales for 52 weeks ending 26 March 2016)
    This is far more exciting IMO as it shows we are mixing it with the big boys of Snickers, Hershey's, M&Ms etc. Also its total $ value sales which means once we have a full year of the Walmart roll out plus Walgreens in the data this can only go up you would think.

Only question is what does "U.S. Candy P.O.S." mean? Is this all Candy sold at the checkouts (Point of Sale?) If so slightly less exciting but still amazing.

3) #1 Candy Item $ sales per store per week in Convenience l (%ACV = All Commodity Volume. Total U.S Convenience/ $ per store/per week 13 weeks ending 26/3/2016)
    This is huge as it's total Candy, not just chocolate and sales per store per week is a key metric that Yowie will use to bump up their distribution in this channel which is currently tiny at 3.6%. You show this data to any major convenience buyer and they will jump at the chance to range Yowie to grow their total confectionery sales. Also imagine the total sales opportunity still there if we were to achieve around 80% distribution like the big players which we are outselling at a store by store level?

Sorry for the long post but hopefully helps clarify some of the numbers. I think the market reaction to this announcement has been very understated, although the share price has come a long way in the last week so probably good to consolidate at these levels before the next leg up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.193M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $4.412K 169.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 107293 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 196545 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.