ZEN 0.00% 91.0¢ zenith energy limited

Ann: ZEN Closes Security Purchase Plan, page-5

1. 5,448 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    I actually typed the wrong number for eps for last year in my above post... it should be 8.6 cents (not sure where I got 5.8 cents from... oops). Remember that crazy high 1st half (7.5 cents and lackluster 2nd half 1.1 cents). Sorry, that typo was slack by me. Sorry.

So the reporting for this year just ended will be (just on EPS): from 8.6 cents to 4.3 cents (if completely diluted) or 8.6 cent to 6 cents ('average weighted shares' for the year); I suspect they will use the 'average weighted shares' (as I see that on past reports); this 6 cents for this year is based on my calc from their revenue, ebitda guidance, and adjusted for guesstimated finance, depreciation, amortisation, tax.. so 2nd half eps of 3.4 cents to go with the first half published 2.6.

so it will be an 'odd' report.... everything up, up, up.... earnings, revenue, boo, ebitda, margins.... but the yearly npat and eps down! I wonder how the market will react to that.

And the dilution will really hit home in this upcoming year.... we will have EPS (fully diluted) of only 6.5 cents.

So Mr Market will see EPS in cents over the years since starting of

3.9 (2016)
    5.9 (2017)
    8.6 (2018)
    6 (2019 DanEstimate for this year just finished)
    6.5 (2020 estimate, profit will be up 30%, but fully diluted, so not much change per share)
    9 (2021 estimate)... just on current contracts, will increase if new contracts signed in the next 6 months

So as I type this, I agree with Rikardo above; "Until they start paying ever increasing dividends (in 2-4 years time) then the stock will be lacklustre"

The company completely changed mid year of 2018 (the refocus to BOO). They go from an engineering / MOM earner to a BOO earner. They went from a cyclical revenue to a utility type revenue company. But EPS gets a big hit for a short time when you stop getting MOM profit on every dollar you spend - to then use your dollars to build BOO stuff - for later profit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.