AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

This is the definition I found for 'Emergency Relief ' from...

1. 204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 292
    This is the definition I found for 'Emergency Relief ' from ICSID'

Emergency Relief from the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) refers to a mechanism or provision that allows parties involved in an investment dispute to seek interim measures or urgent relief to protect their rights or interests before a final arbitral award is issued. ICSID is an independent institution that facilitates the resolution of investment disputes between governments and foreign investors.

Emergency Relief in the context of ICSID typically involves situations where a party believes that certain actions or events may cause irreparable harm or significant damage to their investments or rights during the course of the arbitration proceedings. Such relief might include measures like injunctions, asset freezes, or other provisional measures aimed at preserving the status quo or preventing further harm.

The request for Emergency Relief is made to an emergency arbitrator appointed by ICSID, who will consider the circumstances and evidence presented by the parties and decide whether to grant the requested relief. This mechanism helps ensure that the parties have access to a fair and efficient process for addressing urgent matters during the investment arbitration process.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.