ZIP 1.08% $1.83 zip co limited..

Well on an unrelated note - actually, sort of related to the...

1. 322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 172
    Well on an unrelated note - actually, sort of related to the topic of paying on time - I've just experienced some pretty crap customer service from Zip. I'm tempted to close my account with them and forget about them after this.

So as an investor, I decided to open a Zip account a month or two ago so I coule experience first hand how it all worked.

Signup was simple, quick verification of my bank account (similar to PayPal's system w here they deduct $1.00, then credit it back later)

Got a $1,000 limit, and promptly got to work using Zips carious methods - in store, virtual credit-card, tap n go, etc.

Was all very easy & going smooth... So figured I'd use Zip for everything, and just move money from my bank into zip to pay off the balance instantly, so I'd never have fee's...

Then suddenly today, a tap'n'go zip transaction declined.... login to zip, my accounts been put on hold with a message to contact customer service.

Contact customer service (useless) and am told they need to "verify ownership" of the account I've been using to pay off my zip balance with.... wtf.

you know, the account that was verified already as part of the signup process?

So i jump through the hoops, and send them emails with the unique transaction reference id's from my bank account.

then, call them back.... "sorry, the review process can take several days to complete before your account can be fixed"

Wow. So basically, if you pay off your account too quickly, they flag it and put it on hold for review, and you are locked out of zip for several days.

So that scraps my plans of "using zip for everything". I don't want to be left high and dry unable to pay for things.

Back to using my trusty bank debit card with my own money.

F____ zip.

I honestly can't see any "advantage" of using zip vs a regular debit card or even a low rate credit card for that matter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.83
Change
-0.020(1.08%)
Mkt cap ! $2.310B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.83 $1.85 $1.78 $27.05M 14.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 $1.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.83 193359 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.