ZLD 0.00% 63.0¢ zelira therapeutics limited

Gentlemen. I may be a lowly fast food chain mascot, but I do...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Gentlemen. I may be a lowly fast food chain mascot, but I do think we’d all benefit from the provision of evidence to back up our statements, so I’ll lead by example.

By way of revision for context, I’m refuting the assertion that the management team are a bunch of overpaid criminals, with ill intent towards shareholders as several of you seem to be suggesting.

GW Pharma is a company that achieved wild success I think we can all agree, but that success was not at all certain in 2014 when they had not completed even one Phase 1 FDA trial for any of their cannabinoid drugs. Although the share price was significantly higher than that of Zelira atm, the company was far from ‘de-risked’ and their share price was based on bullish investor sentiment over any concrete value as nothing was yet approved (and wouldn’t be for another 4.5 years).

With that context, lets have a look at the salaries of GW Management for 2014 then shall we?

See below:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6285/6285765-d96fa1882ea30f91a5e157b5b827c87a.jpg

Rather well paid wouldn’t you say?

Let’s compare now against Zelira management in 2023 as per the last report, see below:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6285/6285801-0f0b93bce07858ea1b2ef2e6e09777fe.jpg

Clearly, it is not unusual in any way for Executives on a highly speculative and unproven Biotec to be paid very well to get the organisation to the point where it IS SUCCESSFUL.

Kinda makes sense when you think about it, life ain’t a charity and highly skilled peoples time isn’t free. So if the chairman, who appears to be on a modest salary compared to his GW counterpart in 2014, puts up $1.4 million of his own money for a very risky endeavour that benefits many other than him alone, why the hell shouldn’t he be compensated for that risk? It’s basic business crew, where else is the cash coming from?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZLD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.