ABI ambri limited

seems like it, I'll try and get more info.but the silicon...

1. 40 Posts.
    seems like it, I'll try and get more info.

but the silicon version has always been the final goal and the gold substrate 'current' version an interim one, so in that sense they are progressing well. The chip based version has been around for the last 5 years or more I think, going back to research funded by US dept of defence. After they did not get continued defence funding it took the BEL relationship to fund its continued development

I'd hoped that they would proceed with the current cartridge design, just to show that it works according to the CVT benchmark criteria and so would restore some of the companies credibility in the marketplace.

But i suspect that circumstances have prevented this. AMBRI will be forced to put up a certain percentage of the cost of R&D for bringing on the new version, that will be in the contract with BEL. So if BEL is keen to fast-track AMBRI will have to go along to maintain its position.

We have to think of the intellectual property position of AMBRI. I suspect the position is now very strong, most technical issues (risks) with the silicon version have been resolved and now its a case of creating a production version, using skills that are available in-house or otherwise.

I now think that the AMBRI team is very strong, given the experience to date and the collaboration with BEL, the efforts with the current version are not wasted, as this has seen the dramatic reduction in variablility reported and this has been achieved with control of processes, chemical and otherwise, this is now available for the silicon version, further improvements in sensitivity etc with be achieved by a reduction in sensor size and probably more replication.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.