SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

Hi, What I find most interesting in this announcement is...

1. 3,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 841
    Hi,

What I find most interesting in this announcement is regarding AUS II well kill. Looks like we almost had a blow out .

Read the following commentary.

Kick is the entry of formation fluid into the wellbore during drilling operations. It occurs because the pressure exerted by the column of drilling fluid is not great enough to overcome the pressure exerted by the fluids in the formation drilled.
    In oil well control, a kick should be able to be detected promptly, and if a kick is detected, proper kick prevention operations must be taken immediately to avoid a blowout. There are various tell-tale signs that signal an alert crew that a kick is about to start. Knowing these signs will keep a kicking oil well under control, and to avoid a blowout:
    Well kill procedure is an oil well control method. Once the well has been shut-in on a kick, proper kill procedures must be done immediately. The general idea in well kill procedure is to circulate out any formation fluid already in the wellbore during kick, and then circulate a satisfactory weight of kill mud called Kill Weight Mud (KWM) into the well without allowing further fluid into the hole

So the oil is busting to get out!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.