SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

ann, page-48

1. 1,137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    Nezerk you got me thinking with your comments about GENE
    I thought it interesting just to go over some of the history and see if we can spot any similarities between defender and gene.

GENE
    The initial flow back results from the first 5 of a planned 16 multi-stage frac were undertaken on
    Sunday April 4th. The rate at 0600 hours on Sunday was recorded at 913 mscfd of gas and 960
    bopd which is a combined rate of 1,112 boepd.
    The flow back continued into Monday April 5th and was recorded at 0800 hours on that day, at 650
    mscfd of gas and 840 bopd which is a combined rate of 948 boepd.
    The forward plan is to clean out some residual sand that was left in the well after Stage 5 using a
    coiled tubing unit. This interim clean out is planned for today, Monday April 5th and the balance of
    the frac stages (Stages 6 through 16) will be pumped during the balance of this week. Following
    this, the well will be flowed back and the market will receive further advice on the results of the flow
    back of the entire well.

FINAL STAGE WAS PUMPED ON APRIL 11

APRIL 18
    GENE 2H (30.6% working interest)
    The initial flow back results which emerged from the Gene #1-22H pointed to a sand plug having
    developed within the well bore. This conclusion came from the observation that the Easter Sunday
    rate of 1,112 BOEPD rate from the toe end of the well was not surpassed when the balance of the
    frac job had been completed.
    In order to rectify this situation a work over rig was brought in, and using a snubbing unit, the frac
    plugs were drilled and residual frac sand was removed. An immediate large pressure response
    was observed when a plug near the heal of the well was drilled, indicating the existence of this
    blockage. The incidence of sand plugs occurring in these frac jobs is not an unusual occurrence as
    the residual frac sand drops out of the flow stream as the stream flows through the limited diameter
    frac plug.
    In the eight hour period following the completion of the clean out operation the well flowed at an
    average rate of 2,406 BOPD and 3,180 MSCFD for a combined rate of 2,936 BOEPD. The current
    operation is running a tubing string after which the well will be placed into production.
    Samson’s

IMO the above descriptions were reasonable and fairly simple to understand.

So if defender is just a simple sand clean out operation similar to Gene it shouldnt take too long to clean out, a few days at the most if you read above anns you can see by the dates its not a long process.

Because we have only ever recieved very vague reasons and descriptions about Defenders sand problems and deris.
    we really dont know whether this is simply just frack sand or whether its loose sand particles from the rock formation itself.B

Below is a little bit of history of previous anns Re DEFENDER. Which was spudded on aug 2011 nearly 1 year ago.

SAMSON OIL & GAS OPERATIONAL ADVISORY
    Denver 1700 hours November 27th, 2011, Perth 0700 hours November 28th, 2011
    HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT
    Defender US33 #2-29H, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 37.5% working interest (carried)
    Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that flow back operations are
    continuing, with 29% of the frac fluid being recovered. The well has not produced any formation
    fluids to date and therefore no rate has been established. The lack of hydrocarbons at this stage of
    the flow back may be due to the existing pressure regime. As expected pre-drill, the Niobrara
    Formation is “normally pressured” and because the frac fluid in the wellbore is a 5% sodium
    chloride solution, it exerts a pressure on the formation that exceeds the formation pressure, thus
    inhibiting the reservoir fluids flow.
    This pressure in-balance will be overcome by installing a pump and reducing the fluid column (and
    therefore the pressure) in the well bore. This is planned next week when tubing and a down-hole
    pump will be installed.
    The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project.

march5
    The Defender downhole pump has been replaced and since Friday evening (2.5 days) the well has
    produced 429 bbls of oil of which 160 bbls was pumped into the well to free the sucker rods and
    pump. Due to the volume of fluids pumped into the well for work-over operations, it will take a few
    days of production to establish a reasonable evaluation; however, the last daily recorded rate was
    288 BOPD and we expect that the oil rate will continue to increase as we continue to remove the
    frac fluids and reduce the annular fluid column. Cumulative oil production to date is 2,960 barrels of
    oil.
    Samson’s

april 26
    A jet pump is currently being installed on the Defender US33 #2-29H well in Goshen County, WY to alleviate gas locking and sanding issues that were experienced with the traditional sucker rod pump that has been on the well since inception. The well produced 5,238 barrels of oil prior to this new workover operation. The well produced as high as 288 BOPD.

july 25
    As noted, the work over rig is being transported to the Defender well site and will be rigging up and commencing operations to pull the existing completion string from that well bore. A clean-out string would be run into the full length of the horizontal wellbore, productive of oil from the Cretaceous Niobrara, to ensure that no sand bridges have developed that might have impeded the production rate. Following this clean-out, a completion string will be set, including a rod pump and the well will be returned to production.

So for me the big question remains, will this clean out solve the never ending problems we seem to be having with Defender.
    My feeling is we should get some initial improvement in flow rates but i have my doubts whether it will ultimately solve the problems, i really hope im proven wrong im so sick and tired of SSNs never ending problems.
    I just want to hear some good news for a change.
    Starting with Defender, finally being a success story this would at least restore some much needed confidence.

LWR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.