CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

anna bligh's discrimination against cougar

1. 92 Posts.
    The following article provides a very good exposure of the discrimination of Cougar (and UCG) for the favor of CSG. Pay close attention to all of the quotes by Anna Bligh in this article....Pretty much sums things up.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/another-coal-seam-gas-chemical-scare-20101109-17kz5.html

Key points

When Arrow Energy reports benzene contamination of 2ppb this is what AB says : "The fact that Arrow Energy has reported traces of this chemical is a testament to the rigour of our environmental monitoring process," . When Cougar Energy reported the same level of Benzene, they were immediately shut down, despite the apparent rigor of Cougar Energy's environmental reporting.
    In regards to Arrow Energy's contamination Anna Bligh says: "... I think we need to manage these risks but if we walk away from an industry that offers Queensland and our regional areas the best prospect of growth and prosperity that they've seen for decades, then we will be, in my view, reneging in our responsibilities." . Yet she is willing to reneg on her responsibilities with regards to Cougar Energy without trying to "manage" the risks, but rather by complete shut down.
    In this article the reference to Arrow Energy's 2ppb of Benzene states :The chemicals were later found to be at safe levels.. In Cougar Energy's case, 2ppb was referred to as "toxic, cancer causing, polluting"

I rest my case. Amen!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.