FML 7.14% 15.0¢ focus minerals ltd

This is a tough market, probably the worst I have seen since 87,...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    This is a tough market, probably the worst I have seen since 87, most of the players have no experience with this type of market. Hence they panic and sell with no thought of fundamentals. In this market even the blue chips, financials are taking a big hit. What happens to all that money when times like these happen, it goes into other markets, like property, bonds, commodities, or they park it for interest. At the moment all the smart money is going into commodities,oil,gold,copper,nickel, grains etc because property,interest,bonds, manufacturing etc are not attractive. These are the times the smart money the so called sophisticated investors look to the fundamentals like the quality of the assets, the type, and the management. Nickel and gold underpin Focus and the smart money is betting the US$ will continue to tank, and with inflation ramping up with the US flooding the market with paper, the only game in town is gold and commodities. In the case of Focus with production due in gold and Nickel in April the smart money, the sophisticated see a very cheap exposure to both with very little risk. They recognize they can't lose because most of the high risk has been eliminated hence it has no where to go but up. Focus obviously needed to raise capital to fund production, buy out the Canadians and fund Nepean but the market shit itself so they did it with a very clever mix of debt and equity. Timing is always everything in this game, IMO the market provided the opportunity to take out the Canadians for a steal, but the market giveth and taketh so whilst the price was cheap the cost of taking the opportunity was alot higher than most of us shareholders would have liked. However IMO is if they had gone out with say a rights issue most punters in this market would not have supported it and most brokers would not have underwritten it because of the uncertanty it would create. It appears to be done and they now have the means to develope and take advantage of the opportunities that will appear exactly because of the tough times. The fact the management has achieved this in this market with the mixture of bank backing, sophisticated investor support and an SPP for shareholders to participate makes me think that this group is switched on to take this company into a mid-tier gold and nickel producer. I will certainly be taking my allotment and expect it to double or triple as Focus is rerated to reflect the production.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.010(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $42.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 15.0¢ $11.12K 74.16K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9711 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 4618 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.59pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.