POD 3.23% 3.0¢ podium minerals limited

The question that's caused this anger was about the value of the...

1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    The question that's caused this anger was about the value of the newly measured rhodium. It's not as simple an answer as "ICEs will be around for ages and they'll need loads of PGEs so that's awesome". There are a few things that maybe need to be considered...

Rhodium is mined as a by-product, generally of platinum. The price of rhodium is high because of demand, but also because supply is constrained because the amount of rhodium on the market is dictated by the platinum price. If a platinum/rhodium miner increases production to make the most of the high rhodium prices, then they'll also create a load of platinum which they'll have to sell. The platinum market is also very tight, so there's a risk they a) won't get a good price for the platinum or b) them selling their platinum could glut the market and tank the platinum price. This sensitivity makes investment and mining decisions more tricky.

Now back to the demand side - EVs will slowly but steadily increase their share of the new vehicle market. Whatever your views on new emissions controls and technologies, if you think that there's going to be the same number of ICEs built per year in ten years time as there are today, then you might as well stop reading as I can't help you.

Vehicles with catalytic converters will start hitting the scrap market at an increasing rate in the years to come, so the amount of recycled PGEs on the market will probably increase.

To me, these three factors are important considerations in the value of rhodium. If you don't think they are valid points then I'd like to hear why you think that and what you're basing that on. I agree that rhodium adds some value to Parks Reef and I am extremely optimistic about the long term value of POD. But I also think it's important to have fact-based discussions about the company, the deposit, and the announcements that they are making without just saying "DYOR" to anyone who has a view that doesn't match your own.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.001(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $13.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.2¢ 3.0¢ $5.087K 163.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 478696 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.1¢ 35393 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.